Thursday, February 19, 2009

Procrastination: The Most Lethal Disease

Oh gosh, can't believe that it's Thursday already with only 3 more days untill we go back to the darkest depths of life: school! Time just flies and I have to realize that it is not waiting for anybody finish up. Time will go on whether we are ready for it or not and it is not stopping even to save our lives. The only way to combat against time is to use it to our advantage, something that I do not do. Yes, it is something called "Procrastination," and it kills when you get it. I have been inflicted with it and it seems as if I will never be cure of it no matter what I do.

I used to the boy who would come back from school on a friday afternoon and get all his homework done before dinner is even cooked, but now that diligent little boy is no longer inside of me and I blame my luck. Why? Because luck has always worked in my favor and has always helped me get the grades that I could ever imagine of getting. Sometimes I feel like there's no point in trying so hard because I can put all that work on luck. What do I mean by that? I mean that no matter how much I procrastinate, I will always manage to get things done on a close call and that tiny effort will result in a grade that's well above what I deserve. I have tried writing a research all in one night without any rough draft to follow by and managed to get a perfect score on it and a lot of praise. I don't understand how I got what I got, but the fact that I get one good grade after another through procrastination, encourages me to keep doing it more and more.

I am beginning to hate myself because no matter how much I tell myself to stop this bad habit, I will NEVER fall through. I just can't do it. It's like an addiction in a VERY weird way and there's no quitting. This is why I have decided to create this post so that it can constantly remind me of how much more I can achieve if I don't procrastinate...

Well my list of "to do" things are as follow:
-Finish AP Biology Vacation Homework
-Finish or rather "START" the Research Paper (Rough Draft)
-Get all of the AB Calculus work done
-Start researching the invention of the Toilet for Spanish
-Take the Personality Test and do the Extra Credit Assignment for Psychology
-Learn all the required parts of the Boys' K-Pop Dance in preparation for Asian Night
-Learn Tell Me and Lies Dance for next Wednesday
-Read a Book
-Play a Video Game
-Finish an Asian Drama

See how many of these things I'll get done before school starts, I can't promise that I'll get the last 3 done though... lol

On a brighter note, I managed to get all my financial aid documents mailed today and successfully deposited 2 checks ($80) "YAY ME!!" -London Tipton

2 comments:

  1. I think I've been procrastinating ever since I left elementary school so don't worry. :O
    Oh ya, I finally got my permit today. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the help on the music thing but i think i will just add links to the music. I'm sorry you had to write me an epic novel on how to add music. oh and i haven't even started on bio work and only have like 3 page of research done and only to be told my ms. anderson it needs more work.

    ReplyDelete