Thursday, April 9, 2009

I HATE ASIAN CLUB!!

Okay, it is official, I HATE ASIAN CLUB WITH A PASSION! It is no longer the club that I want to go to and commit my time to anymore!

I remember back in freshmen year when I would rush to Asian Club everyday after school because I did not want to be late to the meeting. Back in 06' EVERYBOY worked and they seemed to all be enjoying themselves. It was fun just WATCHING them practice. I remember the first time that I participtaed in a dance in 07'. It was the best experience of my life and it was SO MUCH fun. However, since then Asian Club has drastically decayed. It is not something that I want to put time and effort into anymore because it is a TOTAL waste of time.

Sometimes I feel like I put so much effort into Asian Club, but I get nothing back. As a secretary of NHS, I get praised for making it into the club AND when I graduate, a symbol of NHS will be imprinted onto my graduation certificate. How honorable is that? As vice president of class council, I get to plan the events of my class and I get to work with officers who are so dedicated; most importantly, I get to plan PROM at GILLETTE STADIUM this year. But as an Asian Club Officer, what do I get? No recognition by the members, no enjoying myself at events like Game Night and RACO, and most importantly, nobody in the club is truly thankful of what I do for them.

So why do I keep hanging onto this club? I ask myself questions like this all the time. Why do I skip extra help sessions to go to Asian Club? Why do I miss out on Community Service opportunities to come to Asian Club when I need 60 hours to GRADUATE? Why do I miss out on getting EXTRA CREDIT for my AP classes? I just don't understand why I do what I do. I really care for this club but all I get in return is (excuse my language) SH*T!

Therefore, I have decided that sometimes it is best to just let go and stop trying to revive something that is destined to die. Rather than argue my way through, I will just drop it peacefully...

From now on, I will no longer regard Asian Club as "important" anymore. If I have time, I will come, if I don't have time, well then F*CK it because I don't care anymore!

P.S. Sorry if I sounded nasty, but I have reached beyond my breaking limit. All I can say to the club right now is "GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR!" because you WILL need it...

No comments:

Post a Comment